The Calm Before the Storm

These last few months have been oddly quiet. I've been trying to track down leads, but they all keep turning up nothing. And in all of the traveling, I've not run into any trouble. Which is oddly unsettling.

I haven't come across any large groups of Runners, Proxies, no Timberwolves, no Lilim. And certainly none of the Fears. I haven't been attacked by Archangel for quite some time. I haven't seen Tall, Thin, and Faceless. No Rake sightings that I'm aware of. I haven't seen The Old Man. Even Lilith has been leaving me alone. I'm almost comfortable around mirrors again. Almost.

It's odd. This silence. It's like things have calmed down. But I just can't shake the feeling that something is wrong. Call it intuition, or just bad pizza, I don't know. Either way, I think this is the calm before the storm. That we're all being lulled into a false sense of security. That things are about to heat up again. New Runners. New servants. Countless new sightings. Could this be the mark of the beginning of a new generation of the struggle?

If it is, I don't know what kind of role I'll play. I won't sacrifice my morals though. I still have an eternity ahead of me, and I'll be damned if I let them corrupt me.

Comments

  1. I know the feeling. Things were pretty sparse on my end until recently. I'm nervous. Every time I think I've seen everything, fate pulls another deck out its ass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... We just have to persevere.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Months.....