Tuesday, December 23, 2014

I've been wandering around town for the past few hours... It's been a crazy few days.

The first major thing is that I almost blew myself up. I decided to start preparing for a journey I'll need to make soon, the first step of preparation: armament. It took some work, but I managed to make one bullet for my revolver from the ones we recovered. Med kept asking me if I knew what I was doing.

"Of course I do! I've seen this process a couple of times, it'll be fine. But...just in case something does go wrong, I'll do it far from home. You know, to avoid any explosion-related incidents and all that." She seemed unconvinced, but I wasn't about to let her talk me out of it.

And you know, I keep referring to the safehouse as "home." It's weird, I know. But it just kinda happened. I feel comfortable there, not necessarily safe but comfortable. It can't last forever though, I know that.

Next thing is the reason why I'm not there right now... I almost shot Med.

You see, I was just relaxing and thinking about things when I thought I heard a crash from a nearby section. Thinking that Med had fallen or something and might need help, I called out: "Med, everything all right?"

No response. I got up, fearing the worst. What if she was seriously injured? Then I heard another sound, this one sounded a lot someone bumping into a bag. If it was Med, she would have responded. If she was hurt, I wouldn't have heard that. I turned back to my bed and grabbed my revolver. I made sure it was loaded and cautiously approached the sounds.

That's when I heard someone breath behind me and I whipped around. My revolver was aimed right where I thought the person's head would be. That's when I saw who it was. Med looked just as shocked as me to find herself with my revolver aimed at her.

I lowered it, thankful that I hadn't shot her. I think she could tell from the frantic look in my eyes that something was wrong, so she kept quiet. She was also making these weird gestures that looked like an attempt to do the hand-puppet stuff. I think she wanted me to calm down. I pointed toward the direction of the sounds, she grabbed the nearest weapon (which happened to only be a pen) and followed.

We made it there and found.....absolutely nothing. There was no one there. She asked me what had happened and I told her. "I'm sorry about the gun. You just about gave me a heart attack!" I told her that I was going to go on a walk and clear my head. I've been so jumpy lately. I'd swear that I'm being watched, but I don't know who or why.

I also wish that that man who has been following me for the last half hour or so would finally confront me. Either he's not very good at being discreet, or he wants me to know that he's following me. Not sure which one is more worrying.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely the latter. Remember to delete your phone messages.

    ReplyDelete