Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Well...Shit

So, I finally found out who I am. You were all right. I found out when those men caught up to me. We had a (very short) shootout. I made sure to go for non-lethal hits only (and succeeded). But, a revolver only has so many rounds...

The man in charge ordered them to stop firing (they had assault rifles, so they certainly had more ammo than me) then said, "I only know one идиот (I believe that's how it's spelled. I don't know Russian though, sorry.) crazy enough to use a revolver in a firefight. Come on out, Carteya." I knew I had no choice, so I surrendered. He said his name was 'Dmitri' and that we had met before. I explained my situation and he said that I looked like Carter. After that, he helped me enter a certain place that I'll talk about in the next post.

Long story short, I'm Carter. I don't know how to accept that. My business here in Russia is now done, I found what I was looking for. My next step is to decide if I want to go further. Before that though, I need to get this all straightened out in my head. I'm Carter. A murderer. How can I just move on with that knowledge?

6 comments:

  1. It can be hard to come to terms with for a lot of Runners. You're not alone. And when you hurt people, it was either in retaliation, or you weren't yourself. You killed those people who hurt me in Moldova. That means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But was it justified? Who gave me the right to choose?

      Delete
  2. youre atill the same pwrson drom before you found out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, but what'll happen when I get my memories back?

      Delete
  3. Carter was my friend. Whether or not you choose to embrace that past or denounce it, the same friendship is extended to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering that I'm in no position to turn down friends, thanks.

      Delete