Monday, July 14, 2014

Coming to You Live from Russia

So, I just arrived in Russia. I'm now trying to find out why I'm here. I'll jump back to my departure from NYC.

I woke up with a small container nearby and a note. After reading the note, I decided it was time to go, so I started packing my things. I got the passport and ID papers ready. According to them, I am Johnathan Carter, a 19 year old student going to Russia to study. I chose this ID because it was seemed the most 'average' one. Some were as young as 16, others were 25. I hoped that it would hold up to inspection. (Luckily, it did. Although the guy who looked at it gave me an odd glance.) I made sure that everything was packed appropriately. It was time to say goodbye to Oswald.

He saw my bag. "You're leaving already?"-Oswald

"Yeah, it's probably time I track down my past."

"Why don't you stay longer? Alright, fine, let me get you a drink then?"

"Sorry, but no. I need to stay sharp. Besides, we don't even know if I'm legally old enough!" We both laughed at this.

"Okay. Have you said goodbye to Stacy?" I nodded. "Well, it was nice to meet you. You do know that we'll always have a room available?"

"Yes, Oswald's Bar and Grill is open to all Runners, eh?"

He laughed. " 'Oswald's Bar and Grill'? That's what they call it? I like the sound of that more than the legal name! Come on, I'll drive you to the airport."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a nervous boarding period, I settled in for a long flight. I had another odd dream. This one was less 'nightmarish' than all the others. I found myself in what looked like a desert. It stretched for about as far as I could see. Almost with purpose, I climbed one of the nearby dunes, on the other side was what looked like a small oasis. But, it wasn't...right. It kept 'flickering' into and out of existence. Almost like a hallucination.

I walked to it and entered. There were people. I felt someone grab my arm and I turned. I saw a woman, she's impossible to describe, yet there was also something wrong about her appearance. I can't remember what though. I saw her lips move, as if she was speaking. Then I felt mine move in response, but I couldn't hear anything. I realized it at that moment that I couldn't hear anything at all. The woman spoke with me for a while, an whatever it was that she said must have been good news. Almost from the moment of stepping into the area, I had felt safe; after my conversation, I felt happy.

The woman then led me to a bed said something else and walked away. I sat on the bed for a while, then must have decided to try and rest. I was laying there for some time when I shifted as if I heard something. Suddenly, I felt this massive rush of anger and resentment. It was targeted at a lot of things, including myself. I don't understand what this dream was about.

So now, I'm sitting in a rented room. I don't even know what I'm waiting for. I have no idea why I'm here, or what I'm trying to find. I think I might go on a walk later. Try and see if something 'stumbles' into my path.

17 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. By the way, that small container I mentioned... It's content were disturbing. The note was signed by a 'Jack.'

      Delete
    2. Let me guess, an eyeball? That's mine, don't worry about it. Keep it safe for me, yeah?

      Delete
    3. Yeah, it's kinda disturbing. The note's for you so I'm not gonna read it, but lemme just say that it is definitely not a normal eye. It followed my movement in the room and it's just floating in whatever liquid it's in.

      Delete
    4. Hmmm.

      Hm.

      Starting to wonder precisely why Jack accepted it as a price.

      Delete
    5. Well, it's definitely not normal. No offense.

      The note requests that it be returned to you at 'the earliest convenience.' Not exactly sure if I feel safe carrying it.

      Delete
  2. I hope you find what you're looking for there. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, so far I've only found trouble. I had to get out of Moscow. And do you still think I might be Carter?

      Delete
    2. There is a distinct possiblity.

      You remember anything about me? Teenage girl, horrible father, best buddies with Kelevra and Lovett, tortured by Morningstar?

      Delete
    3. Aside from the quick skim of info when you first commented, nothing. Sorry.

      I am beginning to think that these dreams might be memories, I'll explain when I post the most recent one.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you are dreaming of Lilith. How cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. any reason as to why I haven't seen him yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, kid, maybe you're just lucky. He probably isn't interested in you, which is a good thing.

      Delete
    2. great, so your calling me a kid. I'm glad I'm not one of you but I just wish I could help some how.

      Delete
    3. Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

      And trust me, you don't want to help, it'll just ruin your chances of having a normal life.

      Delete
    4. normal... right...

      Delete