Wednesday, July 2, 2014

An Update

So, I've been gone awhile. Sorry about that, pretty busy here. I'll update you guys on the most interesting stuff. Oswald's been trying to find out who I am, but he hasn't had any luck. My first morning was the most interesting, so I'll start there.

I had been having a nightmare. In it, I saw two men running. One was armed with a knife, and the other was unarmed. The armed man looked like he was chasing the other. The chase went through a field, then broke into the woods. I was never able to get close enough to see their faces, even when the unarmed man had been cornered, I couldn't get close enough. The unarmed man spoke first.

"I accept my fate. It's pointless for me to keep running."-unarmed
"Are those your last words? I could put them on their headstone."-armed
"You're disgusting. How the hell can you just...do this? When you die, I hope it's painful and slow."-unarmed

The man with the knife murdered the other man right after he finished talking.

"Because, I enjoy it." He kicked the body to make sure the man was dead, then started to laugh.

I woke up with a start after that. As my eyes adjusted, I saw a figure in my room. It was Oswald's daughter, Stacy. She was standing next to the door, looking at me. I saw a tray of food on the table.

"Can I help you?"-me
"...n-no. Sorry, I...was just bringing you breakfast...and...then I saw you thrashing around...and I wasn't sure if I should...help...or..."-Stacy
"It's fine, thank you."-me

She pretty much ran out the door before I had even been halfway through that sentence. I decided that nothing could be done about it now, so I went about my morning routine. I started eating when I heard a knock at my door. Oswald entered and asked if he could sit, so I said 'yes.'

"G'morning. So, in the all the craziness from last night, I didn't get a chance to hear your story. You feel like sharin'?"-Oswald

I told him everything. He listened intently then said that he's be right back. I continued eating until he returned with some maps he put one of the United States down first and told me to look it over. A few minutes went by.

"What exactly...am I looking for?"-me
"Well, you don't feel any, eh, 'pull' to any state? You know, just and urge to go there? Anything?"-Oswald

I said no. He looked disappointed and put down another map. This one was a world map. I looked at it for a while and two places kept drawing my interest. He noticed and asked me, so I pointed them out.

"You're definitely not Russian....At least, I don't think you are. You sound American, but maybe there's something important in those places. Tell you what, I'm gonna check missing person lists and see if anyone of your description crops up. In the meantime, you can try and relax."-Oswald

"One thing, before you go. I...uh...I don't want to be rude or anything, but...uhm...how did you get involved in...this?"-me

"Well. That is a story. I got involved because of my wife. She was a Runner who tried to escape from it all. She always tried to make the most out of everything. I never knew much about her past...I just assumed that she had come from an abusive family. Well, one night, she comes bursting into our room with Stacy. She was only 5 years old at the time. Old enough to remember. She told me that I needed to take Stacy and run. She said that as she pulled out a bag from the closet and gave it to me. I told her that I wasn't gonna leave her. And that I'd scare off whoever was in the house. She was about to say somethin' else when the door burst open. That...freak stood there. The faceless one. She told me to run, to take Stacy and never look back. I'm not proud of it, but that's what I did. I took Stacy and ran. Later I checked the bag to find a journal she left. It explained everything, and it was then that I decided I would help Runners. And that...that is my story."-Oswald

I apologized for bringing it up, but he told me to forget about it, that it was perfectly fine for me to be curious about his past. He left my room after that.

I sat there staring at the map and at those two countries. What could be waiting for me in Russia? As for the other country, well, I may not go there.

41 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, talk. I would ask if I know you, but I wouldn't remember that, so...

      Delete
    2. i know of......what came after M me and j have been looking for others

      Delete
    3. Well, there have been a lot of others from what I've seen. Sanna has this large list as well on her blog.

      Delete
    4. eddward/crow/legionJuly 6, 2014 at 8:39 PM

      i havent checked yet but i have some questions if you dont mind

      Delete
    5. Well, I'll try and answer what I can.

      Delete
    6. good now do you work for the government?

      Delete
    7. To answer your other question first, yes, I know about Slim. I've seen him a few times. Creepy as all can be.

      And, I have no clue. I'd assume not, since I woke up in an alleyway...

      Delete
    8. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    9. The other bloggers...

      What's the point of this?

      Delete
    10. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    11. I'm not answering another damn question. Not until you tell who you are and what you want.

      Delete
    12. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    13. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    14. Quite frankly, I don't know who you are. And my instincts tell me not to trust you. They've kept me alive so far, so I'm going to listen to them. No offense.

      Delete
    15. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    16. You don't have to be Hollowed. You could serve a different Fear, or even be one of the other Fears.

      Delete
    17. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    18. The Fears aren't men. They're just like the Slenderman, but each is different in their own ways.

      Delete
    19. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    20. There's a lot. Each one represents a different fear that we as humans have. Some aren't really Fears, but they're just as powerful. Every Fear has it's own little slice of territory called a Domain. Each one has different servants. The Slenderman uses Proxies and Hollowed. Some servants are given abilities by the Fears. Some Fears are in constant war with each other.

      There's the Slenderman, the Rake, the Archangel, Lilith (AKA the Mother of All), there are so many more and I can't even begin to list them all off.

      Delete
    21. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    22. That's an interesting question, but a damn hard one to answer. Truth is: no one knows. People have tried for...well for as long as our history is. The Fears are still here.

      Delete
    23. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    24. Neither name rings a bell for me. But, they're both probably dead.

      Delete
    25. Sorry, but if these people have been quiet for more than a couple months, they're most likely dead. I wish I could say more, but I don't even know who I am.

      Delete
    26. strange you got memory loss hmmm better try and talk to sam later

      Delete
    27. Look, I can remember everything (I think) except my past. And by Sam do you mean the one from this blog? I've tried contacting her. No response. If you want to ask someone who could probably give better answers than me try at Lovett's blog, or Sanna's.

      Delete
    28. Carter, I havn't got anything to hide, its just Crow wants to hide it. If you have anything important you know, just say it. And crow, you can tell him. it won't make a difference. I got to go.
      you can trust us.

      Delete
    29. that is true j and carter im sorry for not telling you my name i just dont want someone using it on me later

      Delete
    30. Yeah? At least you know your name.

      Like I said, your best bet for info will be the other bloggers. Try Danny's, Fracture's, Lovett's or Sanna's.

      Delete
    31. still carter you know more of these things than me

      Delete
    32. That may be true, but the other bloggers will probably answer your questions better.

      Delete
    33. most dont trust me cause i choose not to give my real name

      Delete
  2. Hey I just saw this blog, and well at least theres some one left, right? If you know any body else I'd like to know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the page at the top called 'Others Who Have Blogs' might help. Sorry, I just kinda found it myself.

      Delete
  3. edward/crow/legionJuly 6, 2014 at 8:35 PM

    what is this team for? fighting...it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I tried checking it for clues, maybe it held some significance to Carter. The only person who could answer that is the other person who 'owns' this blog. But, I haven't heard from her.

      Delete
    2. eddward/crow/legionJuly 6, 2014 at 8:40 PM

      hmmm well you know of this thing right?

      Delete