What a Week...

   This week has been busy. I'm running on coffee right now. So, let's start at the beginning of the week. We were contacted by someone in Moscow. A contact named 'Dmitri.' Well, that's his code-name at least. Carter's mentioned him before, so I won't bother giving much of a description. Anyway, he sent along information that Carter had been spotted in Moscow. So we packed up and left. After we got there, Dmitri gave us the full report. He also said something about the entire country seems to be going crazy lately, with Runners and Proxies being active. But, there had been a few reports that definitely looked like Carter was involved.

   Of course, things never go our way. Every lead was a dead-end. Some literally, the witnesses involved were found dead before we could get to them. Then the next thing happened: Sanna. Luckily, she seems to be in good hands now.

   To top all of that off, we were just contacted by another 'little' agency connected to the British government. Apparently, they're requesting help. And guess who was told to send aid? I don't really like these guys, and it can go on record here. They use underhand tactics to ensure they get what they want. To be honest with you all, they probably would have been disbanded a long time ago if they hadn't been able to scrounge up some kind of blackmail on some very important people. I'm going off on a tangent aren't I? Sorry, like I said: coffee. So, like I was saying, they've been having troubles lately. Apparently, a few warehouses that they use have "mysteriously" gone up in flames. They also said something about the Timberwolves. I think. I just glanced over the report. I'm "obligated" to send aid, but I can take my time on it. And I will.

   We still haven't had a chance to go through everything that Lovett left for us. Namely his diary. It's just sitting on my desk right now, waiting to be read. At least Doc's been busy with all of the samples he left behind.

   Sorry if this all just looks like incoherent ramblings. I'm too tired to care. I'll update this if anything happens, that or just make a new post.

Comments

  1. Might be best to drag your feet as long as possible. Trust me, you don't want to go into this blind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that so? You almost sound like you know what's going on.

      Delete
    2. I do almost know what's going on.
      It's between the timberwolves and the Brits. Be a shame for good people to get caught in the crossfire.

      Delete
    3. And I'm supposed to just take your word on it?

      Delete
    4. Yes.
      I'm sorry, but I can't give you any more proof than my word that things are going to get bad, and that you don't want to be there when it does. Please, I need you to trust me, at least for a few weeks.
      When I can, I'll tell you everything I can, I promise. But until then, there's nothing more I can say.

      Delete
    5. You know, this does give us the authority to arrest you. You obviously know about a planned attack, that could be considered a terrorist action.

      Delete
    6. Are you going to?
      And this isn't terrorism. It's self defence.

      Delete
    7. Haven't decided yet. And I guess that's a matter of perspective, isn't it?

      Delete
    8. Good point. Do what you think is right, but don't go into this blind, please.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Months.....