Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Situation Report (Part 2)

   Green = Carter.

   So, I left off with me collapsing on my bed. I didn't sleep. I couldn't. Not after what had happened. I couldn't stop thinking about how he just calmly walked to it. I don't understand how he could have done that, giving himself up. Leaving us behind. That morning, I had to go into his office.

   It was exactly as I'd seen it last: nothing had changed. I slowly sat down in the chair. The three photos were still on his desk. The one of him and S, from happier times. The one of him, me, and Doc, from just after a successful operation. And the one of the entire team from after the same operation. I stared at them for a few moments. Then I booted up his computer. I was greeted by a video recording that he had left.

Well, if you're seeing this video, I'm dead. And you are in my office. He laughed. So, you're the new Commander of the Agency. I'm assuming that it's you, Sam, but I guess there's a chance that it's not. He glanced away. You know what, I'm gonna keep this short. In my desk there's a drawer. Inside are my personal files, you may find them useful. The passcode is *******. The choice of the Agency's future is now in your hands. You can keep the same policies that I created, you can change them as you see fit, or you can be the one...the one to end the Agency. He sighed then continued. It's dying. Maybe, I was just being blind before, but now I realize it. The Agency's dying. Humanity's dying. The Game is killing us off. The fears use us as pawns, as toys to play with. They love breaking their toys and finding new ones. I don't know if you ever realized that before, but I have. He seemed to be looking somewhere else, as if he was far away. There are so many things messed up in this world. And I fear that I may become a part of the problem. The dreams never go away, you'll never forget your mistakes, the orders you had to give in order to save lives. But what about the ones that you condemn in the process? Shouldn't they get a say? Irregardless, I'm gone, and the choice now lies with you. Do me proud. Carter, signing off.

   I realized that a major choice was ahead of me. I could end the Agency, keep it from becoming corrupt. Or I could continue it, and try to fight a losing battle. I still haven't decided. I don't how he had been able to, especially since he had been thrown into the position after believing S was dead and with no training. I was always trained for this, yet I don't know what to do. All I know is that I miss him.

   Shortly after I moved my belongings into my new quarters, we dropped S off. She was upset about what had occurred, and couldn't remember much of what happened. I hope she gets what she was promised. Then, we dropped Raven squad off. They're getting leave while the rest of the team keeps working. I'll give you all mission reports from time to time, so stay tuned. And if you have any missions, leads, etc. that you want us to look into, don't be afraid to say something. The Agency is willing to help. It's what he'd want.

7 comments:

  1. Guess there's no reason toput this off.
    I made a deal to stop Carter when this hapoened. Can you help me keep track of him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have any way at all to track him. Plus, in your condition, it would be suicide.

      Delete
    2. Figured it was wirth asling.
      Wasnt planning on a stand up fight. Would be suicide even if i wasn't a cripple.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I wish we could track him, but we can't follow into the garden and we have other operations to worry about.

      And good, I'd probably find you just to try and slap some sense into you.

      Delete
    4. Yeah, thats fair enough. Thee're bigger things that you need to deall with.

      On a related note, hw far does his invulnerability gox, of you know? Migt be usrful info if push comes tocshove.

      Delete
    5. Well, he kept most of his 'experiments' to himself. Considering that he was still walking around, and now has the full support of the fear, I wouldn't want to even guess.

      Delete
  2. One of my friends went rogue. He's like me in ability. I feel like having help in hunting him may be good. I can trap him in this line, but I don't know that I can find him and/or kill him. Name of Timon Freida. Mixed ethnicity background, never got the specifics. Kinda darkish. Last seen in the Czech Republic. He had little money, but I don't know how willing he is to kill for money. You up to help?

    ReplyDelete