An Unexpected Visit

     Well, I'm doing a bit better now. Though, to be frank, I would love to just be able to relax. Heh, I don't think I even know what 'relax' means anymore. The good news of the week: I can use my leg without limping! The neutral news: It still feels like someone dropped a piano on it. Oh well. Won't have to deal with it much longer. 

     And now the bad news, I had a visitor. Three, I think. I was attempting to rest in a wooded area. Just a short, few hour break from walking. There was a hill to the northeast, I made sure to keep looking that way for any signs of danger. I completely neglected to watch the river to the south. I decided to double check my pack and make sure I had everything I needed. Suddenly, I heard two gunshots. Loud. Sounded like a nice rifle. From the northeast. I ducked behind the rock and them realized that there were now two bodies next to me. They got within 10 meters of my position and I didn't even notice. Sloppy. Later, I checked the wounds. Both were clean headshots. At the time, I was worried about the sniper. Yes, he had just saved my life but I didn't feel too keen on sticking my head out. It was quiet. I heard a twig snap nearby and looked. There was a man standing there. A rifle slung over his shoulder, and what looked like a hood covering his face. I couldn't really see, however, because of the sun. His hands were empty, though, so I didn't expect attack. None came, luckily. He didn't say anything to me, just stood there watching. 

"Who are you?" No answer. I gestured towards the bodies, "That your doing? You're a great shot. Are you a hunter?" I knew he wasn't, no hunter I've ever met could pull off shots like those. He still didn't answer. Instead, he raised his arm and pointed in a direction. The direction I had been planning on going. 

"Uhm, thanks, I guess. Looks like I had a guardian angel watching over me today, huh?" He didn't even laugh. I started walking. When I turned around, he was gone. 

     On a side note, before I wrap this up, it seems like there's been an influx of new Runners and Bloggers lately. Looks like bad news to me. Oh well, not much can be done about it.

Stay Safe,
Carter

Comments

  1. Life is cruel. More people just means new bodies. I mean, there's no way out. No good way. No happy way. Just misery and death and the angel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I know of two people who are getting out. In a good way. For them.

      Delete
    2. Right. You check with either one of them? Make sure their way out isn't a lie.

      Delete
    3. I trust them both completely. And the second one is guaranteed as part of a deal.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Months.....