Russia

     Well, I had a fun little visit in Russia. Business as usual, had to find a few things, then get out. The only issue was getting out. Luckily, there was a man who owed me a few favors. I only know him by his codename, 'Dmitri.' Pretty funny since 'Carter' isn't even my real name. Seems pretty common to use a fake one, eh? 

     Anyway, I had to arrange a meet with him. He chose a nice cafe in Moscow. He ordered tea. I opted for coffee. Hadn't slept in a while. He kind of stands out in a crowd, he's what you'd call 'stocky.' Also has a very loud voice that seems to full of emotion when he wants it to be. And he knows English. Which is very good for me, since I don't know any Russian. (Made my 'visit' very difficult, I normally rely on Sam for translation) He sat down at the table. 
"Carteya, my friend! How are you?"-D

"I've been better, Dmitri. But, I'm alive, guess that counts for something!" We both laughed for a while.

"I know you called me here for a reason. What's wrong? Are you looking for someone or something in particular?"-D

"No, actually I found what I was looking for. I need transportation. Soon, I need to leave Russia."

"What do you need my help with that for, you have your own plane, Mr. Agency-Man. Just fly on out like normal."-D

"It's not that simple..." He started reaching under the table. I know he was armed.

"Let me explain! It's nothing like that! I'm just on my own now. I can't have my people find me. I need safe transport out of country so they won't find me...Besides, you know I can have my gun out just as fast as you can. Let's not have a shootout here." I saw his arm stop moving for a few seconds. Then his hand reappeared to grab his tea.

"I can arrange transport. But it won't be easy. Your people will be asking questions...I still have a job to do. What am I supposed to tell them?"-D

"The truth, that I asked for your help. And that you provided transport. What you don't have to tell them, is what form of transport. Who. When. Where. You know, the details."

"I can do it. But it'll take some time. We'll meet again in two days. Stay out of trouble, Carteya."-D

"Thank you. And, I'll try my best, but you know how trouble tends to follow me everywhere I go." That managed to get another laugh out of him. 

     I left the cafe, he sat for a while thinking and finishing his tea before he left. We met again as planned, and he arranged transport out of Russia. It's too bad that this is only the beginning. And that I hadn't been home in time for Christmas. I had wanted to see my family and old friends. Not make contact with them, but see that they were okay and alive. Oh well, I have a job to do. A terrible job.

Forgive Me,
Carter


EDIT: "A New Year"
    So, for me, based from where I grew up, it's a new year. In some ways, that may be good; in others, not so  much. What does it mean for me? It means that I can't turn back. I've gone past the turning point. Well past it. There are so many decisions that I'm not proud of. At all. I've done some terrible things. Made big mistakes. And yet, it's only going to get worse. So much worse. This road that I'm walking leads straight to hell. And I'm willingly going against my morals, against my very being to continue this path. I must. I'll explain it all when the time is right. This weekend, I'll look at this past year in review for my post. Everything changes. Even us.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Months.....