He's awake now. Woke up an hour ago. Was in an incredibly bad mood. Here's what went down. White text with quotes is him, blue is Doc, and the orange is me. (I'm going to try this and see if it's easier than quotes)

"How long have I been out?"

At least 11 days, sir. We were getting a bit worried.

I'm going to need to run some tests to--   He was cut off. The commander was already getting up and moving while he said the following.

"No, I'm fine. No tests needed."

But--

"I'm fine."  Doc was shocked. So was I. This wasn't like him, he didn't cut people off like that. At least, not his friends. He left the room at a brisk pace. Straight to his 'office'. (Which in actuality was a separate bunk room that he had converted into an office space. It has a three way desk with more than sufficient space. It's connected to his bunk room.) Shortly afterward, he called for me on the intercom. I came to his office and entered.

"On the small table to your right is a piece of paper. On it is a list of food that I'd like you to bring in to me, has the amounts as well. Please be quick."

He said all of that without even turning around and looking at me. He was facing the monitors on the far wall.

I hesitated. I wanted to say something about how he was acting. Yes, sir. Consider it done. I snapped off a salute by habit, even though he wouldn't be able to see it. I went and got the food, brought it back to the office.

"Just set it on the table, please, Lieutenant Commander."

Yes, sir...Permission to speak freely?   His motto with me is that I always am free to speak my mind, I still ask anyway as I prefer to follow protocol.

"Denied."  Blunt. Straight to the point. And, most importantly, surprising. I stood their completely aghast at this for a few moments. Then I responded.

...Yes, sir. Anything else? Orders?

"No, that will be all. Dismissed"

I left the office. Something's not right. He hasn't talked to anyone since, he hasn't said anything about what had happened. Nothing. It's unnerving. This isn't like him. He never got like this before, did he? - Lt. Com. Cartwright

Comments

  1. Oh dear oh dear. Will I have to fulfill our deal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. This is all so confusing. Sometimes I wonder what my life would have been like if it wasn't for all of this. - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
  2. Watch him carefully. Don't do anything, but watch him. I'm thinking he's really driven right now. Either that or a much worse alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna be taking care of whatever Lovett wants me to do, but I want a check in with you guys right after. Both for Keith and for Carter. And myself. Hell, for everyone else on the ship as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll contact you later to call in the favour, if you don't mind. Never intended it to be an immediate thing.

      Delete
    2. Ahh. Can you send me the names and locations then? I can take care of them soon. I keep my deals though.
      And Sam, Carter, can you guys stop by Peru soonish? Or somewhere around there. South America is feeling a bit slow by my standards.

      Delete
    3. Should be in your inbox now.

      Delete
    4. I wish. He still hasn't talked to anyone. The only contact anyone has had with him is when I bring in the food that he requests. Our current standing orders are to stay exactly where we are. He is still the commander after all. - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
    5. Can you shoot me the coordinates then? Or will that violate your orders? Cuz I can travel now. I'd forgotten how much I being hunted sucked until I wasn't anymore.

      Delete
    6. Sorry, regulation states that our location can't be shared by any means. Once we're able to fly though, we'll find you. - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
    7. It's a deal, good luck with Carter. Make sure Keith is kept well, and tell him to message me after he get's well.

      Delete
    8. Will do. He's been semi-conscious off and on. Doc thinks he'll be all right. And thanks. - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
  4. Finally got something on Lillith, not sure of veracity. You want it through the same channel as previous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything is better than nothing. Send it to his email, I can check it. Thank god for perception filters. Do you want anything in return? - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
    2. An associate of mine will provably need protection soon. Given the current circumstances, is that a possibility?

      Delete
    3. Associate? Depends. If they're a Class 2, no. If not, then it'll be fine. He hasn't even noticed that we have Keith aboard. - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
    4. Not a class two. What I have should be in your inbox, will organise dropoff when needed (probably shortly)

      Delete
    5. You have the right email address, right? Send me every detail to it. Who it is, why they need protection. And your info. - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
    6. Looks like this one mightbe a freebie, crisis seems to be passing.

      Delete
    7. I see. We're always open, so if an associates need help, we'll try. - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
    8. Thanks. I won't hesitate to call, but to be honest I'll most likely be able to scrounge up something to pay if it becomes necessary.

      Delete
    9. Eh, we don't always need payment. It's just a bonus. - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
    10. I don't like to owe people things.

      Delete
    11. Not even friends? - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
    12. There's a very real chance that I'm gonna have to try to kill Carter It's gonna be tough enough without getting too close. Sorry.

      Delete
    13. If and when you do? If Keith's still there, and your mission results in his death? Regardless of how nice you are, you WILL be bumped to the top of the list.

      Delete
    14. Look at this. Little Linux thinks hes so scary.
      Cute.

      Delete
    15. Quite feankly, if and when I do I don't have an exit plan. So you'dhave something of a run to reach me before the nearest guy with a gun.

      Delete
    16. I don't really appreciate this planning.

      Delete
    17. We had a deal. You end up bugnuts, I gotta deal with it. Can't trust you if you want out now.

      Delete
    18. Sooner or later. If I prepare now, more likely that I succeed quickly, limits possible damage.

      Delete
    19. You can prepare, but I am in full control of myself.

      Delete
    20. I believe you. But I also want some way to verify that you can't influence. Can't take too many precautions.

      Delete
    21. Yo anon, I ain't scary. I'm deadly. Care to try me?
      Carter, I'm still not a hundred percent sure. The first rule is to not trust anyone else. Especially after passing out for an extended period and muttering things that relate to a fear. Even more when it's followed by a personality change.

      Delete
    22. Come at me.
      I'd love to see you try.

      Delete
    23. Who the hell are you? - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Months.....