It's Been Too Long.

     Welp. Guess who? If you say Jack, you're wrong. It's me, Carter. It's been far too long. The rumors of my death have been slightly exaggerated. I did die. Part of me still is dead. Part of me will never come back. And yet, part of me was brought back. But, by who and why, I have no idea. It certainly wasn't Jack. As he's...well...detained. Let's just say that it's going to be a long while before he's around again. He was...forcibly removed from his current host. By bullets. 10mm. I retrieved my revolver. And got some...retribution for his mistake. Hopefully, he'll learn to be more mindful of his deals in the future.

     So, where have I been? That's a long, long story. Multiple parts ahead. I have been...in and out of it for a while. I was trying to keep up with you all and post comments. But, every once in a while I was incapacitated.

     I'm sure many of you were catching on. Don't know why Jack didn't. The Agency was holding me. That's where S was going every weekend. They brought her to visit me. In the med-bay on-site. How did I get there? Well, (the late; more on that later) Commander Cartwright had hired someone who could use the Path. That person came into the room at the exact second before the failsafe killed me. (Which also prior knowledge on their part.) He brought me to their Alaskan base. I was put into the med-lab. From there, they were trying to remove the Azoth from my system. It didn't work as planned. I fell into a coma. While in said coma, I...noticed a lot.
  • Cartwright murdered the man in cold blood. He called the guy 'an abomination' before shooting him in the back of the head. Multiple times.
  • S was brought in and briefed on the situation. They were expecting me to 'come-to' quicker if there was someone who I knew talking to me. 
  • Cartwright wanted to (and eventually did) make me his second-in-command.
  • However, he still didn't like me.
     So, as you can imagine, I was in intensive care. Eventually, I died. Just like that. Bam, dead. As some of you may know, we will all end up in different places when we die. I found myself in in a forest. Thick. Trees as far as I could see. I decided to wander off. I came across a large house. It's architecture was reminiscent of Victorian-era architecture. I knocked on the door. Sounds of unlatching soon started. Then, it opened. I was greeted by an old friend.

-Carter? Is it really you? It's been so long! Come on in, I'm sure the others would like too know that you're here!

     It was Alan. Exactly as I remembered him. I started asking myself where I was. I was too shocked to say anything.

-Hey, guys! Carter's finally arrived!

 "Where am I? How did I get here? How are you here?"

-To answer the first, I don't know. To answer the others, you're dead. And so am I.

     Footsteps were heard. Jamie, Tim, and Alyson came from upstairs. 

  "Dead? I'm...dead? This is where..."

     I trailed off. I was surprised. He explained to me that they all ended up there as they died. He told me that Seven was actually a good cook, and was cooking the dinner for that night. The others got to us as he finished.

Jamie spoke first- Carter! (I was given a long hug) It's so nice to see you again! (It was a few minutes until she finally let go) I've missed you.

     I didn't know what to say. It was surprising to see them all again. Especially her. I still felt guilty about her death. Then, Tim and Alyson came over and shook hands with me. They chose the left hand, showing knowledge of what had occurred.

Alan spoke-The Council is reunited! (this had been received by some laughing and smiles) If you all don't mind, I need to talk to him. You'll all get your chance. After all, we have an eternity! (more laughs. Everyone gave me one last smile before going back to wherever they were before.) Let me give you the grand tour, come on.

     He started leading around the house. It had everything needed to live in. Bedrooms, a kitchen, bathrooms, a pantry, sitting rooms, entertainment rooms, libraries full of books, and much more. He explained that the house restocks supplies on its own every week. He also explained that the libraries update info based on what events are occurring in the world. Which is how they found out about my arm. Based off of what they learned, the house could likely be one of many in the forest. They've never found another, but it's hard to believe that there are only six people in this place. In a lot of the sitting rooms were trophies. Artifacts from ancient civilizations. Some looked future-like. There were also paintings. Hundreds of them. Men and women of different races and ages. I couldn't see anything alike between them. The house was amazing.

     I'll continue in the next post, we're hitting some major turbulence right now and Raven squad needs help securing equipment. I'll try to respond to any comments. Next post should be on the way soon.

It's been far too long,
Carter

Comments

  1. It's a long shot, but do you have any advice for not ending up as the archangels plaything post mortem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archangel. Number 3 on our list. Advice? Avoid at all costs. As for ending up there, can't offer help. Sorry. We don't really have any basis on how that's determined. I know for a fact that if you serve one, you'll most likely go there. Or if you attract attention for them to fight over you. - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
    2. I believe the best summary of my thoughts right now is balls. Used to serve Slendy, got the archangel out for blood.


      Thanks for your time.

      Delete
    3. At least you have an idea of where you'll end up. I'm still relatively new. Besides, maybe Archangel's domain won't be so bad after all? Either way, glad to be of assistance. It is my job after all. - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
    4. By the by, if you're collecting information on the fears it may interest you to know that there has been at least one instance of two fears fighting over a soul. Cold one and the archangel.

      Delete
    5. We've come across a few scattered reports of it. Although, there hasn't been any 'real' evidence that we've found yet. - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
  2. So... Why the attempt at Anonymity for the past while?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As per regulation number 13, enforced by the previous commander, all Agency personnel were required to stay anonymous to avoid any accidental collateral. However, after the revelation of the previous commander's corruption (and assistance from a currently unknown entity. he's the guy you talked to once) this regulation is no longer being enforced. Commander Carter also wanted to remain hidden from Jack. But since Jack has been taken care of for now, that situation is temporarily resolved. - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
  3. Can someone answer that phone, because i called it. I totally called it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He congratulates you on catching on. Although, what gave it away? - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
    2. Replying as a person named C, and saying hes a friend... wasnt hard to make the connections there. I knew it was him from the first comment.

      Delete
    3. I see, I guess I was a bit obvious.

      Delete
    4. A bit? More like alot my friend. -L

      Delete
    5. And who are you? I don't think we've met.

      Delete
    6. An L that isn't me, mysterious. Carter, I can trust Cartwright not to call me an abomination and shoot me in the back of the head if I join up with you guys, right? And Cartwright? I'll be allowed to work with my own team right? Unless you can find others that can move like me. I need other people that can watch my back in that world. As an endnote, it's damn fine to see you legitimately back Carter.

      Delete
    7. Well, you can pretty much be 100 % certain that he won't do that. After all, he's dead. Let's just say that 'double-agent traitor scum' is a light way to describe him. He was dealt with. With great costs. I'll get into that later.

      The other Cartwright is his younger sister. She's trustworthy. Which is why she has access to my account. She's informed me that we could give dossiers on possible team members. Although none with your abilities. Sorry.

      And thanks.

      Delete
    8. L is just a ass, and the servant of a Fear. Ignore him.

      Delete
    9. Acceptable. I'll be on my way shortly. Keith will be with me. I will probably also check the other world. Might be something there. Usually is with the big facilities. Your cameras will be proof enough that I stay where I should be on this side. If it's possible Cartwright, could you leave a few men to watch the organization I'm after? Not to do anything, just to tell me where they move if and when they do while I'm gone.

      Delete
    10. We sadly cannot spare anyone at this time. Our organization has few people left. There's only ten of us who are trained for proper field operations, but those ten include the commander, myself, Raven Squad, and Bear Squad. Sorry. However, Dixon, one of our pilots, is willing to fly you around from the Osprey when you need it. I might be able to get the locals to keep a watch, but that's not highly likely. Maybe a spy cam will work? - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
    11. I can make it work. I already have one or two people that are willing to work with me. I'm gonna clean things up, I'll meet this Dixon guy tomorrow.

      Delete
    12. Ok, Dixon is one of the plane's pilots. He'll still be aboard. The plane is waiting at the airport for you. Once you get here, you'll finally get to meet us all in person. Just be warned, though, your 'scaly friend' won't be able to enter the plane. We have precautions to prevent that. - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
    13. Alright. I'm on my way to the airport now. And really, it's for the best she can't come. It's not a good thing. Your precautions are protecting me. See you all soon.

      Delete
    14. Glad to hear it. See you when you're here.

      Delete
  4. Good. Never gave up on ya, buddy. Glad to know you're back. Sorta.

    -Denizens of Arke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I guess. May I ask what 'Denizens of Arke' means?

      Delete
    2. It's a really long story. But you actually got a response from me. Heh, won't happen too often now.
      Basically, I've got the powers of a goddess that I'm absorbing at an all-too-fast rate and my DID is getting worse. As in, there's somewhere around a million people living in my mental city, which is called Arke. I knew you were back, by the way. I would've asked, but I didn't think I'd get a definitive answer.
      -Ash

      Delete
    3. I see. I should probably try to stay 'in the loop', huh?

      And as for asking, well, Sanna got a kind-of answer when she asked.

      Delete
    4. Eh, we've been trying to keep the goddess thing quiet. It's kinda awkward.
      -DoA
      (denizens of Arke)

      Delete
    5. Understandable. I think some of the things that have happened to me recently are awkward. Like the fact that I'm able to use the Path now. Or the fact that S is now most likely serving an unidentified fear.

      Delete
  5. Carter! Welcome back to the living.

    Knew you were the one signing off with C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did kind of tell you. And thanks, I guess.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Months.....