Been Too Long (cont.)

     I'm still trying to get caught up, what a task! I guess before I continue the story, I should tell you all my current situation. I'm on a plane. My plane. Well, more accurately the plane I'm in command of.

     You see, the Agency had a mole. This mole worked for a Fear. He was pretty high up in the chain of command. No one suspected him. He's dead now. I had to kill him. Cartwright. He was setting us all up. He claimed it was to protect Sam (his sister). I didn't buy it. She would have died. We all would have. When I get to that part, you'll all understand.

     After his death, his second in command (read: me) took over. I'm now the commander of the Agency. Or, rather, what's left of it. After the massacre in Alaska, we had to use the command plane. It's actually pretty large. It has a cargo hold with enough space for the Osprey. (which is actually a major prototype. the engine pylons actually retract. It barely fits in the hold.) Next is the holding cells. These can open into the cargo hold for 'offloading' prisoners. Then the med-bay. Next is the command room, which doubles as a briefing room. Then the armory. And then the living section (which is pretty tight, but functional). Lastly, the cockpit. For the crew, we have three pilots, five maintenance techs, me (the commanding 'officer'), Sam Cartwright (my second in command. She's very capable and trustworthy), Linux, the doctor (who is a good friend of mine from my adventures in London, referred to as 'Doc'), and the two remaining four-man teams (Raven and Bear). In total, 20 people. The plane can hold about 25 to 30 people comfortably. It's a decent base. However, since it is a plane it has some obvious drawbacks. 

     Before, the Agency had support from many countries. Now, however, there's only three backing us. The United States, Russia, and the UK. We manage to get by with the budget.

     As some of you may know from Linux's post, he's pretty much along for the ride. Right now we're having an extended 'lay-over' so he can continue doing his thing. As you can tell, yes we have a tail on him. Raven squad. Commanded by Marcus, who you all met on my blog before. Mainly, the tail is there to protect Linux, but also to keep an eye on him. He a Class 2 after all. We have a small classification system. Class 1's are people who don't have any special abilities. Your regular 'run-of-the-mill' runners, civilians, etc. Every operative on my team is a Class 1. Then there's Class 2. These are humans (or had been at one time) who have received 'abilities'. For example: Linux's ability to enter a new 'dimension', my ability to use the path, Morningstar's near-invulnerability, etc. Lastly, Class 3. These are the Fears themselves. Non-humans with massive power. You know them: the S-man, the Rake, the Cold Boy, Jack, etc. It's an easy way to organize threats. Luckily, the plane (named 'Bearcat') is reinforced with an experimental alloy that blocks anyone from using the other 'dimensions'. In theory, it should keep Class 3's and 2's from just 'popping in.' It keeps me from using the path, and hopefully it will have the same effect on Linux.

      I'll continue telling the story in the next post, hopefully.

Until the Next,
Carter

Comments

  1. Out of interest, any servants not calss 2? I mean, Proxies are. We can path. Cold ones won't die easy. Redcaps are actually posessed by a fear. Maenads are mostly dead 'round here, afr as I can tell. Guess Timberwolves, but they're no treally servants, right? Not like the others, thay're more of a cult. Of am I forgetting something here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most seem to be Class 2.

      Also, you seem to be having some issue typing, you OK?

      Delete
    2. Alright, just don't go do anything stupid. You're one of the few proxies who I can actually stand.

      Delete
    3. You wound me Carter. I thought we had something special.

      Delete
    4. I didn't say anything about you.

      Delete
    5. IT WAS IMPLIED. You cruel, cruel bastard. You've broken my heart.

      Delete
    6. Actually, you're kind of okay. Once I get past the trying to eat people. And the time that you threatened to eat me. But other than those, you're OK in my book. Since when did you care about how people felt about you?

      Delete
  2. A couple things,. First, I'm being nitpicky, but I don't think it's a dimension. Reality, maybe, or an alternate universe. Second, the alloy works, and even if it didn't I wouldn't shift while on it, it's not at a fixed point relative to the earth. I'd fall from whatever height I was at. Last, I'd like to inspect any further facilities you have in that other place, finish hunting the people hunting me, and then join back up with you guys if you don't have the time or resources to help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in our 'reality/dimension/whatever-it-is' we only have the plane left over. Since it's my watch currently, the commander's sleeping. When I see him, though, I can tell him to give you a list of the facilities that we had before the massacre. Who knows, maybe our alternate selves managed to find a way to kill Class 3's? And' I'll ask the commander and see if he can authorize Raven to help you out. I know that Lt. Greene (Marcus) has taken a liking to you. - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete
  3. I guess that makes me a level 2 then doesnt it?~Sierra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it does. - Lt. Com. Cartwright

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Months.....

Hunter