Busy, Busy, Busy

   Back again for another late update. I've been busy training Ms. Cartwright. She learns fast. Suffice to say, even I feel a bit reluctant to fight hand-to-hand with her. Even more so when she is armed with a staff. She'll definitely be a useful member of the Commander's agency.

   So, since I knew I would be busy, I sent a runner on an errand. To keep watch on S, and tail them. I am expecting a report Monday.

   Next matter is interesting. I paid a visit to the English doctor who Mr. Carter had called 'Doc.' I showed the sample of the blood. He compared to the sample they had on file. They were identical in enough ways that he thinks the sample is from Mr. Carter. The main difference: he believes the sample in my possession was taken after Mr. Carter activated the failsafe. Which is an impossibility as I designed that failsafe (in hindsight: a mistake) to completely destroy all traces of bio-organic material. So, Ms. Med, there may be some usable antibodies in the sample. If you want it, it's yours. It appears to be clean of azoth, and definitely has an increase of white blood cells. In fact, that was one of the few differences between the samples. Doc mentioned it immediately. He also had noted small mutations in a few of the cells.

   I will update this if anything happens. Until then, keep it up. Whoever you are. And whatever you do. Unless you're Morningstar. In which case I will politely ask you to go dig a hole and bury yourself in it. -- Jack


Edit 1 (9/1/13 @ 1:00 PM): Report came in. She lost them. The driver is good. Too good. From what she saw, the driver changed vehicles at least 5 times. And the driver still lost her. I've checked the known vehicles, no evidence of any kind. They look like they were just acquired from a new car lot. No prints, no documents, nothing. Whoever it is that has an interest in S, they must have some serious backing.

   Lastly, for now, I think it may be time for a new host. Normally, after using one for too long, weird things start occurring.From hallucinations, to forgetfulness, and once a bit of psychosis. Earlier today, I could've sworn that I saw Mr. Carter. Or at least, someone who has the same height, body size, etc. I didn't see his face, he had a hat covering it. But, he stood watching me for a time before walking away. Went into an alley. A dead-end alley. He wasn't there. So, the search is on for a new host. Not everyone is compatible. I had one lined up, but they aren't alive anymore. So, any takers? No. Good, that's probably for the best. Sometimes, I loath my existence. That's all for now.

Edit 2 (9/5/13 @ 4:30 PM): After a short visit to S earlier, I remembered something. Today would have been Mr. Carter's birthday. If he was still alive. Made me stop for a few minutes and mourn him again. Also reminded me that I hadn't done the memorial yet. Something to do this weekend. He deserves it. That's all for now, I'm gearing up for a mission.

Edit 3 (9/8/13 @ 9:17 PM): Never got the word to move in on that 'mission'. Should have. To make up for it, I'm watching the hospital.  Will be pretty busy. Trying to blend in with the staff. So far, so good.

Comments

  1. All I'm really doing is living in a cabin in the woods. Nothing much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Key word: living. That's something to be proud of.

      Delete
    2. Scratch that. Living in a cabin in the woods. The woods are inhabited by the Rake.

      Fun times.

      Delete
    3. Oh, wow. That can't be fun. Uhm, good luck?

      Delete
    4. Jeez. I've only heard of the Rake. Stay safe, and maybe think about relocating if you think you can.
      Jack, quick question, are your hosts still alive? Or does taking their body end their life? Cuz if it's the latter, I suggest just taking the body of the next guy that tries to take you down.

      Delete
    5. Well, it depends. Some humans are 'compatible' which means they most likely will survive afterwards to live a normal life in their proper time and place. Others...are not. They, as Morningstar so aptly put it, 'burn out.' Sometimes immediately, sometimes on a short delay. Normally, I have a new host lined up and ready, but...things got in the way of that plan.

      Delete
  2. Maybe she is related somehow to the blood sample? Find out where she is brought. ~ C

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Months.....