Saturday, July 20, 2013

     Had to say goodbye to Marcus today. I gave him a pistol that I had 'acquired' from a proxy a while back. He and I talked for a bit, he said that he might make a blog some day. He also said that he wants to leave the US. Apparently he has an uncle in New Zealand, and a few friends in Australia. And then he left, headed towards town where he could get a bus ride to the city. I've got to admit, it was nice being able to talk to someone else freely. 

    In other news, I've been getting horrible nightmares again. Haven't slept soundly in about a week. So, I figure 'let's work on some projects!' Might as well type it up. So, Project Alpha, it was my attempt to find a way out and put in a 'safeguard' in case of forced proxyification. It failed. My first test was with Jamie. So long ago, and yet it won't stop haunting me. She died because of me. Because I failed at my job. Since then, I've started a new project, Project Omega. Same premise, same ideas, same research, hopefully a different result. So, there you have it.

     If I think of anything else that's important, it'll go in the comment section.

Stay Safe,
Carter

7 comments:

  1. If he does turn up in New Zealand, I'll keep an eye out for him.

    Well this explains your icon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Jack got a bit nosy and thought it would be funny. It wasn't. And still isn't.

      Delete
  2. "So, Project Alpha, it was my attempt to find a way out and put in a 'safeguard' in case of forced proxyification. It failed. [...] Same premise, same ideas, same research, hopefully a different result."

    Did the experiment fail - or did the research, premise and ideas fail? If I were you I would be assuming the *experiment* was correct, and that the theories were wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've pretty much had to recycle most of the ideas from the first one. Who knows, maybe the reason it failed is something simple. Maybe it only works on some people, for all I know.

      Delete
  3. So...one project failed, yet you try again?

    I like your style, Carter. Persistent, hopeful.

    Nice to be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to see you again. And thanks, I keep going on the fact that it'll all end one way or the other. Until then, I have work to do. After all, the song goes 'There Ain't No Rest for Wicked.'

      Delete
    2. Money don't grow on treeees

      Delete