Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I Am Happy!

     From May 19th to June 3rd I was the 'one-armed Runner', now I am no longer!  I've finally got two arms again! The procedure was a success. And since there is a certain person who reads my blog and is undoubtedly wanting details, I'll give her those details. My arm is reattached. It is my original arm. It works from reconnecting the nerves between the (until recently) detached arm and the location where the arm belongs. The nerves are reconnected to the point of my arm being usable again. In fact, the arm's reflexes seem to be faster than they were before. But, there is one problem: I have no sense of 'touch' with that arm. I can't feel textures, or changes in heat with it. Which means, I need to be careful. I could light it on fire and not feel it. At least I have two arms again! It's amazing to be able to type with both hands! The technology is incredible, I really wish I knew where Jack had gotten it from.

     So, the doc was kind enough to supply with a plane ticket home. I will be leaving Wednesday next week. It will be great to be home. Even though, I have to go to physical therapy/rehab for the arm. And the leg. That's just a small price to pay though. 

     I still haven't seen Jack, but I did get a package today. It was from someone who I really wish was dead. You all promptly named him 'Douchenozzle.' The package contained a camera and a tape recorder. They both were the ones he used when he cut my arm off. He left a note saying, "I hope your left arm is fine, it would be hard to live with no arms.-D" To anyone out there: if you ever see that guy and can kill him, please do so. He's a major pain.

     Now for a description of the second 'level' of the Pathways. Jack called this area 'The Grey'. I personally think this was the most dangerous part of my journey. He said that it appeared different for everyone who entered it. What it does: it takes the form of a familiar place. Whether that is a city, small town, house, forest, or building depends on the person. For me it looked like the woods near my home. It is able to take the form based on your memories. But, it also twists the location, as well. It forces the person to take a very linear path to the center. Where you, of course, run into some Fears. Jack wouldn't tell me what his looked like, but after seeing his reaction, I think I know exactly what it looked like. Anyways, from my perspective, we followed a winding deer path through the woods. It all looked normal to the point of me dropping my guard and thinking that we were home. That was a mistake. When we made it to the center, which looked like a pond for me where I would normally rest after walking in the woods, we were attacked. At first they looked like family members and friends. They were walking in to the clearing, and talking exactly like their real counterparts. Whoever they appeared as for Jack, they almost made him start crying. As if, seeing the people they were masquerading as was painful. Again, I think I know what they looked like for him. 
     I was sitting there relaxing when one of the things came over to me. It looked like S. I was overjoyed as I had remembered that Jack left her behind with his 'rescue.' The thing started talking to me. I was thoroughly convinced that I was home. Until Jack started attacking one of the things. They all started screaming. It was so loud that I'm surprised I didn't go deaf. That's when everything faded into a grey-ish color. The trees disappeared. The things took their actual forms. It's near impossible to describe them, the only way you could understand is to see them for yourself. But, I don't recommend that. The best I can do: they were like silhouettes, grey in color (go figure), they almost blended in with the background. But, they kept changing shape. Constantly. Some shapes were human, others were...not. I hope that description is enough for you all, I hope none of you ever see them for yourselves. Jack and I managed to push them back and then ran. We somehow made it to the next area alive. The next area was amazing. I'll explain it in the next post.

     That's all for now. Check the comment section for more news.
Until the Next,
Carter

16 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed London. Glad you got your arm back! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I've mainly been stuck in a hospital. I still have a whole week to be a tourist though.

      Delete
  2. Where exactly are you in England right now? I may come over there to see you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still in London. The same hospital. I think I said which one exactly in a comment on an earlier post. I would say it again, but discretion is probably a better idea.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Ok, I'll probably go there to visit then :)

      Delete
    4. Oh, you found it! If you do visit, just ask in reception for a 'Dr. Jack Goodfellow.' They'll know what to do.

      Delete
  3. Good to hear you got your arm back. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm hoping that it will stay that way.

      Delete
  4. You're a fucking idiot. That's not technology, that's fucked up supernatural bullshit, and it's gonna come back and bite you in the ass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any proof of your claim? No? If it was 'supernatural' there wouldn't have been pieces of metal that conduct electrical impulses in my arm.

      Delete
    2. Ask Med. Or any real doctor not affiliated with this shit. That 'technology' doesn't exist. The arm would've already started rotting a month ago.

      Delete
    3. Key word: 'yet.' You need to remember, it came from Jack. Who has proven that he is able to travel through time. The doc said that he didn't believe any of it at first, until Jack brought him to where he got it from. The doc and I both think it is some kind of future tech.

      Delete
    4. Yes, currently this comes under the heading of 'medical miracle'. I'll take your word for 'future tech', though.

      Delete
  5. I think "D" hacked Strider's blog...

    -Rose

    ReplyDelete