Wheee, What Fun

     Would have posted this earlier, but I figured that I should calm down before making a post. I'm calm-ish now, so here we go.

     Still no word on the prophecy-thing. So that's some good news. Also on good news, Monday the doc is planning on performing the prosthetic/reattachment surgery. After that, I would be stuck here for maybe 1 or 2 more weeks. Then I have to go to phys. therapy/rehab. That's going to be fun. Oh yeah, and the 'training' is going fine as well.

     The neutral news. Jack and I really got into it earlier. To keep this short (and to keep me from getting upset again) I'll just tell you how it ended. It ended with me shouting at him to "Go away, leave me alone, stop protecting me, and never to show up around me again!" I have censored that just quite a bit. So, he left. Right as the doc was walking in. I haven't seen Jack since.

     Med, when you get that package he sent, tell me what the results from the blood samples are. Plus, tell me what you think about that azoth.
 
      And now, something I promised a little while ago: a description of my journey through the Pathways (as Jack had called them) The first level he called  'the Darkness.' This level I think many of you know better as 'the Path.' I won't waste much time explaining it. Just that there were many creatures there who I'd rather not meet again. And a decent amount of proxies as well. The next post will be about the next level. Which is actually a bit more dangerous.
 
     As per usual: check comment section for more news that doesn't warrant a full post.

Stay Safe,
Carter

Comments

  1. About the package: Will do. Expect answers tomorrow.

    Also, the altercation with Jack... uh oh. If you rescinded his protection...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please tell me that I'm assuming the wrong thing here...

      Delete
    2. I'm just saying. It's common knowledge that you should be careful with your words around him. Usually this is mentioned in the context of accidentally making a deal, but in this case you've accidentally revoked one.

      If he does turn up again, then it's a sign it won't have stuck. But for now I'm worried.

      Delete
    3. Please tell me that I'm wrong in assuming that the revoked deal is the one you made.

      Delete
    4. No, I'm talking you telling him to 'stop protecting' you, which is part of the contract with the Council. The 'never seeing him again' bit is also a worry.

      Delete
    5. Good, I'm glad that I was wrong. And technically, he isn't supposed to be protecting me as much as he has been. Just look at what happened to Alan.

      Delete
    6. Yeah, I'm hoping that that loophole means the protection on the Council itself is still in place even if he's not protecting you so much.

      Delete
    7. Okay, the results are in!

      Good news, your blood copper levels are on the high side, not surprising given your recent exposure, but still within what I'm starting to think of as 'standard Runner range'. I'm going to see if I can extract antibodies from it.

      The azoth is an interesting cultivar. Living, definitely, looks like it managed to survive the trip, albeit not in the best of states. It's more motile than the dead azoth I'd previously worked with, which took a bit of getting used to. Reagents don't usually try to climb out of the jars they're put in, even at a snail's pace.

      I've 'fed' it some of that mixture, and it seems to have recovered from it's trip. It's a lot more docile now. The outer protective layer is more fluid. I'm going to keep monitoring it, I'll let you know if anything happens.

      Delete
    8. Antibodies? Why?

      And be careful, it's definitely more dangerous.

      Delete
    9. Hence me keeping it in a jar with an airtight seal.

      As for the antibodies, I'm trying to recreate the 'cure' so that removal of azoth doesn't require large magnets and have the unfortunate side effect of brain damage. Antibodies may be a method of doing this.

      Delete
  2. ........please tell me you didn't go through the Dark. Like, the pitch black place where the only light comes from the paths themselves and the creepy-ass Ravens everywhere.

    -Ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember anything like that. Jack was in a big rush, he told me that we'd be avoiding the 'scenic routes' and be taking shortcuts.

      Delete
    2. Very, very not-fun things. Unless you're a Shadow, can turn into a bird, and find enjoyment in causing people as much pain as possible. Then, it's loads of fun.

      -Spyre

      Delete
    3. I hope you aren't speaking from experience.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Months.....