Welcome Home Party? For Me?

     Got home way earlier today. Would have posted then, but I had a lot of 'fun.' So, I  get home, open the window so my magnificent Rake-creature-sentry-watchdog-stalker-thing (I'll explain why I will no longer use the nickname 'kitty') can come and go as she pleases, and start unpacking. I saw a note on my bedside table, it was in Jack's handwriting, so I ignored it. I wish I hadn't. 

     I decided to take a cat-nap, as long car rides always tire me out. I woke up to a proxy (actually Hallowed, because he had that blank look) holding a knife and standing in my doorway. I went out the window and onto the roof, naturally. My house is two-floored, and the garage's roof is right under my window. It's pretty flat, so it's like a balcony. Well, Mr. Proxy is was fast, he was right behind me. And a lot stringer than he looked. To be honest, with you guys, I should've grabbed a weapon, but he looked like he hadn't eaten any food for weeks! Note to self: if a proxy looks weak, he isn't.

     So, he managed to tackle me and hold me down. He sent the knife right into my heart, the entire blade. I kept trying to push him off, but he kept on stabbing. After a short while, I realized I was done for, and proceeded to pass out from blood loss. Next thing I know, I wake up. The sun was lower, so I had been out for a few hours. I was covered in blood (and what looks like azoth from him). The roof was covered with blood. And I was alive. On examination, the spots where the knife went in are now only tiny scratches that will heal in a few days. I should be dead, as that was a lot of blood. 

     I'm assuming that I lived because of the universe's inability to 'decide' on my existence. So, universe, if you can read, thank you. Your slowness saved my life. Oh yeah, the proxy died. When my magnificent Rake-creature-sentry-watchdog-stalker-thing saw him attacking my lifeless body, she must have decided to attack. I'm no longer going to call her 'Kitty' because, when I woke up, I heard a crunching sound. Those of you who have weak stomachs should skip to the next paragraph. You were warned. She was eating the proxy. The crunching was one of his bones, in her mouth was an arm. So, she is never going to be called 'Kitty' by me ever again.

     I read Jack's note afterword. Apparently, his business trip was to visit future me. The future me, told him about the event which took place. Jack tried to warn me with the note. He also explained partially why I'm alive. The short version: Universe says I exist-While I am alive, I then died. Then, Universe says I don't exist-But I'm dead and the roof's covered in my blood and there's a dead proxy who tried to kill me, since I didn't exist that second half was not true. Then the universe says I exist, and (for some unexplainable reason,) decided to let me live. I think I earned today's headache.

     That's all for now, everyone. If anything else crops up, I'll post it in the comment section.


Stay Safe,
Carter

Comments

  1. Mind you, the heart is a tough muscle. It's capacle of holding itself shut to an extent. There's been cases of people being mortally wounded by a stab to the heart in a fight and then getting up and just walking to the hospital. This is also why sword duels tended to end with both participants dead; even non proxy people can keep going at full bore with wounds which will *eventually* kill them.

    This probably made the universe's decision that you're alive easier, since that was a larger part of the possibilty space than you might think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, but I don't think the human body (or at least mine at its almost 50 Kg) holds much more than around 3.5 liters.

      Delete
    2. Trust me, the body's a lot tougher than people think it is. She's right. I've done it before.

      Delete
    3. Good, dying once is more than enough for me.

      Delete
  2. News time already! While cleaning up the blood on the roof, my magnificent Rake-creature-sentry-watchdog-stalker-thing started growling. When I looked up, guess who I saw. Slim! Standing in the woods and staring. I love my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And just when it couldn't get better, Jack appears out of thin air! He appeared with a grin. Looked at me and asked if he could stay. Before I could answer, he laughed and 3 bags plus 2 boxes appeared. I now have a room-mate. What's next, I ask.

      Delete
    2. Slendy moves in and it turns out he's a horrible houseguest.

      ?

      Delete
    3. Jack moved in. Without my consent. Slim on the other hand is standing outside in the rain staring at my window. I'd feel bad for him, if he wasn't always trying to kill me.

      Delete
    4. Yeah I know. I was saying how it could get worse. :D
      I'm playing the world's smallest violin for the guy right now.

      Delete
    5. I see. Sorry about that, got a bit confused. Very hard to concentrate with Jack constantly talking. If I had been in that loop and the first person who I had talked to was Jack, I'd have gone crazy.

      Delete
    6. Well, I did go a little crazy. See r.e. hugging Proxies.

      Delete
    7. You handled it all very well, it seemed. Besides, that confused them.

      Delete
  3. Huh, you seem like a busy person. Bask in Slenderman's glory my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glory? He tried to kill me! He brainwashes little kids and turns them into killers! THat is not glory in my definition.

      Delete
  4. Some more news:

    Coughing is back. This time with a vengeance. And I still have azoth to clean up, I still am wary of that stuff.

    The paranoia's back too. This time, however, I feel like there always someone breathing on my neck, or whispering in my ears. It makes relaxing hard to do.

    And lastly (for now), Jack is still staying here, but there is still an empty guest room. So, if there are any Runners out there in need of sanctuary: call me up, If you're in the area of the Midwest United States.

    Stay Safe,
    Carter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black broke the nine key on my keyboard, so I can't make the appropriate emoticon, but this resurgence doesn't sound good.

      I recommend wearing one of those face masks, the kind worn when sanding. It might not filter all of it, but it should decrease the amount of azoth getting into your lungs. When cleaning it up, using fire or acid to dispose of it will kill it if it's not already dead but I reckon the stuff isn't fond of bleach either. /Damn, I forgot to test that.) Skin contact should probably also be kept to a minimum.

      As someone who's dealt with constant whispering before, I can sympathise. And I'll keep the room in mind should I suddenly find myself transported to the Midwest.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, the face mask and gloves were the first things I ran for.

      Delete
  5. I just realized: I have actually formed a bit of a phobia to azoth. I've barely made a dent in the mess, Jack being lazy about it, and my magnificent Rake-creature-sentry-watchdog-stalker-thing (gee that's a mouthful) is avoiding the larger 'piles.' It's puddled together in piles on my roof. Which means it might be partially alive. Major flashbacks to when that stuff was in my head. Forgive me while I go have a coughing fit mixed with vomiting and the shakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, it that 'incident' had made me so paranoid of myself that I still question every action I do to this day.

      Delete
    2. Is the top of your roof something like concrete? Because then a lit match would solve both the substance's being alive and existing nicely.

      ...I don't want to make things any harder for you, given that just getting near the stuff is something you're averse to which is understandable given it lodging in your brain as you said, but living azoth is even harder to find than dead azoth.
      I could take it off your hands, if you'd be willing to send it to me.

      It makes sense that Not Kitty is avoiding the piles; from what I hear the Rake and the Slender Man don't like each other much.

      Delete
    3. Huh, it just occured to me that the thing in your head might not have been killed. It could still be alive, scuttling around the Path somewhere. Or eaten by one of the Denizens.

      Delete
    4. Not concrete. Maybe I could convince Jack to finish the work off.

      And thanks for that thought. You just caused a lot of shivers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Months.....