Silence is Unnerving

     Still haven't seen it. I guess that should make me feel better, but it doesn't. I feel like someone is always standing over my shoulder...watching me. But, I guess that comes with the job. Better get used to it, I guess. Although, I've always preferred to see the dangers around me.

     Anyways fun conversation I had recently with my special friend. Her: "What's with...that?" She pointed at the table near us.   Me: "What, the baseball?"   Her: "No..."   Me: "Oh, the phone?"   Her: "No, you know what I'm talking about."   Me: "The gun? It's just a precaution, after all, there have been...criminals who've evaded the police. I'd prefer to be...prepared."  She just rolled her eyes, and looked uncomfortable. I thought to myself, smooth work, you idiot.

    And some of my personal rules that I follow:
  1. Safety is...nonexistent. It can go anywhere, so don't fool yourself into safety...it doesn't exist.
  2. Following #1: always know a way out. In other words, plan your escape route.
  3. Also following #1: always, always have a weapon within reach. That thing may not be easy to hurt, but its followers are.
  4. Don't trust others too easily. Make someone prove themselves, but always keep distance.
  5. Always be vigilant.
  6. Know your surroundings.
  7. Try to maintain a semblance of normalcy if you can't run.
  8. Try not to involve people who have no idea of the situation.
  9. Knowledge can be a double-edged sword. It can be useful to defeating your enemies, but it can also give Mr. Tall power.
 Hopefully, those rules will help.

     
     Lastly, I did make a post last week. So, if you're interested, read it.


Until Next Time,
Carter
     

Comments

  1. I think you and I are in the same situation my friend. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good rules. :)

    I do disagree with you slightly on the last one, though. 'Scientia potentia est'.
    Knowledge is Power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we all have our own theories. I personally think he gets power from our knowledge. That would explain the seemingly increase in his appearance with the internet, youtube, and blogs.

      Delete
    2. Mm, maybe. Email me if you'd like my theory. Comments aren't really the place for that sort of thing. ^^;

      Delete
  3. Ditch the gun. It's not going to help, and if you carry a lethal weapon, you're more likely to get killed trying to defend yourself with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you start a blog first. Then people will pay attention. We can't help if we don't know what's going on.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Months.....