Saturday, December 29, 2012

Sorry About the Delay....If Anyone Reads This

     Sorry about the delay. Christmas season is a bit crazy where I live. Does anyone read this? I've always wondered, am I just typing this up for no reason? Will anyone see this in time to...well, I don't know actually. Help me? Give me advice? How can anyone if they aren't in the same situation? If anyone's reading this, do me a favor, leave a comment. Just any comment, doesn't matter what it is as long as I know I'm typing this for a reason.
 
     Anyways, on to my point that I was going to cover. Sides. There's pretty much a war going on. A war between our tall friend and anyone who opposes him, or it, or whatever your name for that thing is. There are many sides: his side, the opposing side, the neutrals, and the 'I have no idea about any of this' (AKA, regular people who aren't involved). Note, also, that none of these sides are perfect. Or good. Or bad. In fact, they are all morally grey. They all have they good and bad. And even their good people and their bad people.
 
     First, the regular people. They may have heard of Him, but haven't shown much interest (researching, thinking of constantly, helping a runner, etc.) He ignores them, because they don't appear as threats. That is until, they are forced to choose a new side due to any of the mentioned reasons. You know what they say; 'Ignorance is Bliss.' That couldn't be more true. If you're on this side and are reading this, consider what I said. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble if you stay ignorant of the truth. You'll live a regular life.

     Now for the neutrals, these are people who He has stalked. They, however, don't want to make enemies. So, they may join  whatever side they think will win. I don't trust anyone, because of this group. They've caused me many issues in the past. But, they may be trying to protect a loved family member. So, I don't harbor any grudges. Just no trust.

     Next, the fighters, the ones who oppose the thing. This is the side I'm on. Regretfully, though, I wish I could say that I didn't have a side. I'm going to try to not be biased here (but it is human nature). These are, more often than not, people who have lost something to Him. What have I lost, I won't tell. But, that doesn't matter though. These people have free will (unless their hallowed, but that makes them technically His side.). They do many things: some run, some research, some explore, some tell the stories of the others who are now gone, and some...some fight. I am more of a research/storyteller. I may, from time to time, tell stories or post some information that I've found. This side is, sadly, dwindling. It is losing people to our 'friend.' Many of the old bloggers are gone. Whether they're dead, or in a worse condition, I'll probably never know. There is, however, some bad though. Some may go insane after a while, one killed other runners thinking that their bones could kill that thing. He was wrong. This side may lose, I won't lie, but the people (most of them) are good-natured people who want to help. They just may seem a bit angry, but most are runners. And runners must remember: large groups lead to death.

     Lastly, His side. He, as some of you may know, corrupts people somehow. He turns them into his slaves, or 'hallows' them. Some people join this side for safety. Thinking that our 'friend' will win this war. They may be trying to protect a close friend, or their family. Or, they were forced to. Some (mainly the hallowed, because there are many who aren't) forget who they are. They just are around to do whatever our 'wonderful, tall friend' says. They just follow orders, consider that when you meet one face-to-face. They may have family. They may have lost everything, I feel sorry for anyone who is 'hallowed' I would never want to end up like that. Never. But, there are also those who willingly chose this side. They may have good reasons. They may have their memories. They are probably good people. But, they (like me) were forced to take a side. Know this. Remember this.

     Remember what I've said here. I feel like, with every letter I type, I'm signing my own death sentence. I may eventually be forced to become a runner. I hope not. But know this: There is NO 'right side.' There is NO such thing as a 'wrong side.' There are good (and bad) people in every side. One day, there will only be one side. Let's hope that by that time, humanity has rediscovered itself. That people will start caring about each other. Let's hope that, whoever wins this, can keep the peace. That's all we can hope for.

 Until Next Time,
'Carter'

Stay safe everyone. No matter your side.

    

2 comments: